1. Getting Started
2. SKUS Used
A. Powering a Touch Panel Controller
B. Communication Connections
4. Wall Mount Installation
A. Parts Received
B. Tools Required
C. Wall Mounting Procedure
Congratulations on purchasing your CONVERGE® Pro 2 (CP2) Touch Panel Controller. The ClearOne Touch Panel Controller is a highly intuitive 10-inch, touch-screen device designed for CP2, and allows users to control their audio conference, including managing contacts and placing and controlling calls.
Note: The Touch Panel Controller can only be used with CP2 systems. It is not compatible with first generation CONVERGE Pro systems.
The Touch Panel Controller connects with the CP2 through a RS232 port, Ethernet port, or Wi-Fi. Power for the Touch Panel Controller is supplied by the included power adapter, Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE), or P-Link connection.
For instructions on how to connect the Touch Panel Controller to a CP2 in the ClearOne Dialer software and more, go to the ClearOne website: https://www.clearone.com/rl-home
The following products or kits may be used in the Touch Panel Controller installation:
- 910-3200-501 - Touch Panel Controller for CONVERGE Pro 2
- 910-3200-502 - Tabletop Mount Kit
- 910-3200-503 - Wall Mount Kit
- 910-3200-504-50 - Serial RS232 DB9 Male to Female cable – 50 ft.
- 910-3200-504-100 - Serial RS232 DB9 Male to Female cable – 100 ft.
- 910-3200-505 - Serial RS232 DB9 Female to Phoenix Euroblock Adapter – 1 ft.
- 910-001-004 - PoE power supply for 1 device – 1 x PoE power supply, 1 x 6 ft. power cord, 2 x 25 ft. plenum rated CAT5e cables
- 910-3200-202 - PoE power supply kit for 3 devices – 1 x PoE power supply, 1 x 6 ft. power cord, 2 x 25 ft. plenum-rated CAT6 cables
- 910-3200-204-50 - RJ45 CAT6, twisted pair, solid core, factory terminated, plenum rated cable – 50 ft.
- 910-3200-204-100 - RJ45 CAT6, twisted pair, solid core, factory terminated, plenum rated cable – 100 ft.
- 910-3200-204-150 - RJ45 CAT6, twisted pair, solid core, factory terminated, plenum rated cable – 150 ft.
- 910-3200-204-200 - RJ45 CAT6, twisted pair, solid core, factory terminated, plenum rated cable – 200 ft.
This section explains the connections made in Touch Panel Controller installations.
Powering a Touch Panel Controller
The Touch Panel Controller can be powered by:
- Power adapter (included)
- Standard PoE injector or PoE Ethernet switch
- P-Link from CP2 or other P-Link device (carries only power)
- RS232 – A Touch Panel Controller can connect to a CP2 or GPIO/USB expanders via serial RS232 cables, up to 150ft.
- Ethernet – A Touch Panel Controller can connect to a CP2 in an Ethernet network via a standard Ethernet switch, up to 300ft between the controller and switch.
- Wi-Fi – A Touch Panel Controller unit can be fitted with the included Wi-Fi antenna and configured to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
WALL MOUNT INSTALLATION
The following parts are delivered with the Wall Mount Kit:
Verify that you have all the parts required to complete your installation.
When you open the shipping package for the first time, please check that all items purchased are included. If any of the items (according to your customer order) are missing or damaged, contact your ClearOne distributor immediately.
The following tools may be required for Wall Mount installation of the Touch Panel Controller. You will also need other tools for installing fasteners (not included in the kit) to hold the Wall Mount Plate to the wall where the Touch Panel Controller is to be installed.
Wall Mounting Procedure
A wall-mounted Touch Panel Controller must be placed at eye level on a wall facing the intended conference participants.
The Wall Mount Plate can be mounted to either a solid or hollow wall.
Locate and mark for drill holes where the Wall Mounting Plate will attach to the wall. Use the following dimensions for the drill holes (not to scale):
Note: If you are using a third-party mount, you must use a standard VESA 75 mount (mounting holes are 75mm apart).
Drill holes to receive the anchors.
Note: Take care while drilling and installing the anchors so the wall material does not tear out and weaken the attachment.
Attach the Wall Mount Plate to the wall with #8 screws, anchors, and washers included in the mount kit.
Note: The mount supports both 75mm x 75mm mounting and 100mm x 100mm mounting, but the Touch Panel Controller has only 75mm x 75mm screw holes for mounting.
Attach the Controller Mount Plate to the back of the Touch Panel Controller with the screws already in the Touch Panel Controller. You can adjust the position of the plate to be lower or higher on the controller, but ClearOne recommends installing the Wall Mount Plate on the upper set of threads
Notice that the Controller Mount Plate has four hooks used for mounting to the Wall Mount Plate. There are four slots designed for the hooks to pass through and fasten onto the Wall Mount Plate.
Fasten the Controller Mount Plate (installed on the controller) onto the Wall Mount Plate with fastening hooks face down.
Insert the security screw into the hole securing the mount plates. Tighten the screw with the #1 Phillips screwdriver.
Connect and route the RS232, Ethernet, and power cables from the controller as needed.
When the Wall mounting of the Touch Panel Controller is completed, use the built-in CONVERGE Pro 2 Dialer software to dial and control your CP2 devices.